HFE in Healthcare, Investigation and Education
We at Atrainability are proud to have been invited to sponsor the
Clinical Human Factors Group's upcoming Aberdeen Open Seminar on 23 May.
"We are honored to be supporting this event and pleased to be able to contribute towards the ongoing mission of the Clinical Human Factors Group" - Trevor Dale, Managing Director, Trevor is also planning to attend the event and he hopes to see you there.
Please find further details below:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CHFG's next Open Seminar will take place in Aberdeen on the 23rd May 2018.
The Keynote speakers are:
• Keith Conradi, who will provide an update on the developing work of the Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch (HSIB)• Dr Paul Bowie from NHS Education for Scotland and Craig McIlhenny at NHS Forth Valley Scotland, talking about the new national multi-agency initiative on Human Factors in NHS Scotland.
Breakout session topics include:
• Dr Karthryn Mearns - Safety culture - we can measure it, but can we manage it?
• Manoj Kumar - Safety reviews: bridging the gap between work as imagined and work as done
• Professor George Youngson - The impact of bullying and discrimination
• Dr Helen Vosper - Human Factors as a strategy for improving Medication Safety
• Dr Alastair Ross - The Functional Resource Analysis Method and how to develop a model of everyday work
• Professor Ron Mcleod - Bowtie analysis as an approach to the assessment of the risk in healthcare
• Dr John Rutherford and Dr David Macnair - Good practice in running Human Factors training in a district general hospital
• Dr Shelly Jeffcott - Pushing back on "the way we do things around here": What holds us back from integrating HF/E
This one day event will focus on Human Factors in healthcare and applications in investigation, clinical practice and education.
Register for the event here & View full programme here.