The Human Factors Message is spreading
It is great to spread positive news about the growth in adoption of Human factors. Increasingly Healthcare organisations, NHS and private sector are adopting training and process redesign with a view to make care of patients safe by design not by luck.
Atrainability have been engaged to train Trust-wide trainers and Champions in several healthcare providers. Here are some anonymous examples:
· One of the top-performing Trusts in the NHS in England is offering Atrainability Human Factors Train the Trainer courses to all its trainers – clinical and non-clinical. Almost 50 have attended and we have a waiting list. They are tasked with embedding safe practice and checking procedures for sense and practicality.
· A major private healthcare hospital has engaged Atrainability to train the entire nursing staff across all wards and units.
· We have recently worked with a clinical simulation unit and then subsequently with the same Trusts Maternity Unit using advanced simulation debriefing techniques.
· Training and coaching in a Medical Assessment Unit has revealed solutions to blockages in patient throughput from A & E or GP input to ward or discharge to home.
· We are working with a Mental Health Trust on smarter procedures and checklist design for such as safe monitoring of in-patients and service users including early recognition of potential slips, trips and falls.
· A major cardiac centre has engaged Atrainability to help build safer, more resilient teams in the ITU. The same centre has changed Operating Theatre procedures around Briefing, Checklist usage and Debriefing with our training and coaching support.
· As a sign that the knowledge and skill of safe Human Factors working is spreading we are delighted to be able to streamline the SMART anaesthetics course that we run with the team from the Difficult Airway Society http://www.das.uk.com/course/smart